Presenting the PENSOLE INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AWARDS supported by ADIDAS.
In celebration of the next generation of product creation, our goal is to annually recognizing and promote product creation in the following design disciplines: 3D Modeling, Color & Material Design, Concept Creation, and Functional Apparel & Accessory Design. PIDA aspires to highlight and foster the up and coming design community through appreciation and respect of global design views.
Entries are evaluated blind of applicants name, race, age, country of origin in a closed setting with incredible attention to detail and rigor. Points are reviewed and weighted based on excellence in the following areas: design innovation, global viewpoint, designing to the brief, design process, relevance to the market, and skill in the area of design applied for. The Jury will be composed of members of the PENSOLE Design Team and the ADIDAS Design Team.
A GOLD, SILVER, and BRONZE trophy will be awarded in each of the design disciplines:
3D Modeling, Color & Material Design, Concept Creation, Footwear Design, and Functional Apparel & Accessory Design.
- Scholarship (Housing and Tuition=$2,000) to PENSOLE SKILLS ACADEMY, summer 2018
- A sample of the winning design will be made at the ADIDAS MakerLab: (half pair) Color & Material Design, Concept Creation, Footwear Design, (1 apparel or accessory piece) Functional Apparel & Accessory Design.
- Tour of ADIDAS Village
- Scholarship (Tuition=$10,000) to Fall 18 PNCA|PENSOLE Design Intensive
- A scholarship (Tuition=$1,500) to SKILLS ACADEMY, summer 2018
- Tour of ADIDAS Village
- Scholarship (Housing=$2,500) to Fall 18 PNCA|PENSOLE Design Intensive
- Reserved seat in SKILLS ACADEMY, summer 2018
- Tour of ADIDAS Village
- Reserved seat in Fall 18 PNCA|PENSOLE Design Intensive
* Awards can not be traded in for cash value or transferred to another person on the winners behalf.
Submissions open Friday, May 18th, through Wednesday, July 18th, 2018.
Finalists will be announced Friday, July 27th, 2018.
Open to applicants 18 years of age or older. Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
Register to access the specs and templates for the design discipline you are applying for.
Upload your submission by 5PM PST, Wednesday July 18th, 2018.
Winners announced Friday, July 27th, 2018.
We are proud to support the product creation industry in the following five categories:
The jury for the 2018 season will be composed if members of the PENSOLE Design Team and the ADIDAS Design Team: 3D = Sky Asay – Director of Design Operations & 3D; Color Design = Liz Callow – Senior Director of Color & Trend; Concept Creation = Jesse Rademacher – Design Director, Basketball; Footwear = Chris Law – Senior Design Director, Originals; Apparel = Vanessa Authier – Design Director, Training.
You must register in order to enter the PENSOLE International Design Awards.
After registering, you will have access to the SUBMISSION SECTION, there you will be able to:
1. Download Specs and Templates for the Category you wish to apply in
2. ENTRY SECTION #1:Enter Content about their Project
3. ENTRY SECTION #2:Upload the Submission (1 page / JPG or PDF)
4. ENTRY SECTION #3:Enter Link to the 2 minute Video
5. DESIGNER SIGNATURE / SUBMIT
Please note, after a submission is uploaded, you can not edit or replace it. REGISTER and SUBMIT
The following elements of your entry are required for submission, so your entry won’t be complete (will not be considered) without them:
- Clearly set the stage for your design. Think ELEVATOR PITCH. No more than 3 sentences.
- Describe your intent as you approached your project in 250 words or less. Keep in mind the points that the jury will be assessing you on: design innovation, global view, designing to the project statement, relevance to the market, and skill in the area of design applied for.
- Explain your process that informed your final project direction in 250 words or less. When describing your process, think about research, subject matter, materials exploration, technology, iteration, etc.
- 1 page of design that follows the requirements specific to your design discipline. Register to have access to these details.
REGISTER and SUBMIT
- Keep your video at or under 2-minutes. Register to have access to required content details. Upload a video on Vimeo or YouTube and insert the link in your submission form.
You must submit 1 full page image of your design only. Please follow requirements for your category. All images must be JPEG, GIF or PNG format. The maximum image dimension is 3000 pixels tall or wide (whichever measurement is greater). The maximum individual file size is 15MB. No Zip, Stuffit or compressed files.
Make sure you submit a compatible file as expressed above.
Double check the size; if it’s too large, it won’t upload! We will not answer any emails about help with this. All the information you need is provided on this website. If you need more help, do the research to figure it out.
Please note that if you are selected for an honor in the 2018 PENSOLE International Design Awards, project assets may be posted for viewing on our website. Do not include anything in your entry you do not wish the general public to view. REGISTER and SUBMIT