Herschel Supply Company partners with PENSOLE Academy and the National Art Education Association (NAEA) to inspire high school students to design their future! Take your art and design skills to the next level and explore career opportunities within the product creation industry.
This program offers 20 National Art Honor Society (NAHS) semi-finalist students a career-focused online design education in backpack design, working with PENSOLE instructors and Herschel Supply design mentors.
The Herschel Workshop is an online design challenge available to students in the U.S. and Canada and actively enrolled in grades 9-12 with interest in visual or digital arts. Qualifying students must be members of an active NAHS chapter, registered for the 2021-2022 school year.
To inquire about becoming an NAHS chapter member, or establishing an NAHS chapter at your school, follow this link: https://www.arteducators.org/national-art-honor-societies
The top 20 finalists will each be awarded the following:
At the completion of the 5-week course, two lucky students will be selected as the top finalists. The committee selection process will comprise two Herschel Supply members, two PENSOLE members, and two NAEA members.
The top 2 finalists will each be awarded:
- Trip to Herschel Supply Company HQ in Vancouver, BC, including flight, accommodation & meals
- Prototype of final bag design
- $10,000 scholarship
- Opportunity to speak on their design process at the 75th Anniversary Conference of the NAEA in March 2022.
- To be eligible to participate in ‘The Herschel Workshop’ Design Challenge 2022, Individual Students must have:
- Enrolled as a student member of your school’s chapter of the National Art Honor Society.
- Enrolled in a public or private high school and be in grades 9 – 12 in one of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, & Canada.
- Submit a minimum of 1 Design to the competition, following the challenge requirements and guidelines